TLC diet can eliminate excess weight and bad fats from the blood.
This meal plan is based on consuming foods that naturally lower cholesterol such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains and white meat.
In addition to reducing the level of harmful fats in the blood for 8-10%, this meal plan can help with reducing the risk of heart diseases.
TLC diet is also recommended for people who have a predisposition for getting type 2 diabetes, because it contributes to reducing the level of insulin in the blood.
During the TLC diet you should consume unprocessed foods or at least not too processed foods.
Red meat and meat products are forbiden. Instead, consume turkey, chicken and fish.
Every day you should eat food that contain proteins, but you are allowed to eat only up to 2 eggs per week. Cheese, milk and other dairy products are allowed, while margarine is strictly forbidden because it contains high levels of hydrogenated fats.
Also, its highly recommended to take fiber-rich vegetables such as beans, peas, lentils. This will increase satiety feeling.
In order to have full effect from TLC diet include some kind of physical activitiy in your daily routines.
- Breakfast: whole grain cornflakes with skim milk and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Snack: 1 pear
- Lunch: 100g grilled chicken with brown rice and a tomato salad
- Snack: a handful of cashews
- Dinner: tuna salad
- Breakfast: banana smoothie and a cup of low fat milk
- Snack: one apple
- Lunch: one serving of peas
- Snack: a handful of unsalted almonds
- Dinner: salad with tomatoes and olives
- Breakfast: one slice of whole grain bread, coated with butter, cucumber and piece of hard cheese
- Snack: a handful of popcorn
- Lunch: steam cooked fish with vegetables
- Snack: a glass of kefir
- Dinner: one servinf of greek salad